How we can support you


Staffordshire Warmer Homes is a scheme run by Staffordshire County Council, in partnership with district and borough councils. Our goal is to combat fuel poverty across the county and help residents to heat their home. This scheme is supported by Beat The Cold, E.ON, Cadent, Communitas Energy CIC,  Affordable Warmth Solutions and the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.

How we can support you


Install a gas central heating system

If you live in an urban area, like a town or city, and do not have a gas central heating system, we can connect your home to gas and install a brand new central heating system for free.


Install an air source heat pump central heating system

If you live in a rural area you may live too far away from the gas mains for us to connect you. Instead, we can install an air source heat pump central heating system into your home.


Make your home more energy efficient

If you already have central heating, but want to make your home more energy efficient, we can insulate your home. We do this by using cavity wall and loft insulation. In some properties, we may also be able to add solid wall insulation onto the outside of your house.

Who can benefit from the Staffordshire warmer homes scheme?

You could be eligible if you meet one of the below criteria…

  • Claim benefits or tax credits (including Universal Credit)
  • Have low or no income
  • Are disabled
  • Are elderly
  • Have very young children
  • Are currently unemployed

You can view the full eligibility criteria here.

How is the Staffordshire warmer homes scheme funded?

Funding for the Staffordshire Warmer Homes scheme comes from number of different sources including:

  • The Warm Homes Fund – Funded by Affordable Warmth Solution
  • Cadent – Fuel Poor Network Extension Scheme
  • E.ON’s Energy Company Obligation (ECO)
  • Communitas Energy
  • OFGEM’s RHI Initiative
  • Warm Homes Discount Initiative
  • E.ON
  • Green Home Grants – Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy

Independent Advice

You can get independent advice and guidance from a number of charities across the county:

Location Independent advice service
Staffordshire Moorlands
Cannock Chase
East Staffordshire
Beat the Cold are an independent energy advice service. They be contacted by phone on 01782 683813 or you can also view their website.
Stafford Warmer Homes Stafford are an intendent advice service who work with Beat The Cold and Stafford Borough Council. ContactWarmer Homes Stafford on 0800 677 1785
Tamworth Home Energy Advice Tamworth (HEAT), Tamworth Borough Council’s free and impartial energy advice service.  HEAT can assess your eligibility and provide additional support through the application process if you need it.  They can be contacted on 0800 0432 815 or by emailing
South Staffordshire The MEA (Marches Energy Agency) is a registered charity delivering independent advice and practical solutions to reduce fuel poverty and cold homes. MEA provide energy advice to householders in conjunction with councils. In South Staffs District contact Warmer Homes South Staffordshire (0800 193 1902) and Tamworth Borough contact Home Energy Advice Tamworth (0800 0432 815).

Leave a Comment

The maximum upload file size: 30 MB. You can upload: image, audio, video, document, spreadsheet, interactive, other. Drop file here